Thanks so much for being interested in adopting or fostering our beloved rescue animals! Once we review your application, we will get back to you.
- Fill out a foster or adoption application
- The Foster and Adoption Department reviews the application
- If the application is complete and satisfactory, BFP will contact you and conduct a phone interview
- BFP will perform a reference check
- BFP will do a home check - this will either be done in person or virtually
- If home check is satisfactory, a meet and greet will be setup between the animal and the potential new family
- BFP will finalize the foster or adoption process, including paperwork and light training on welcome and care for your new animal
- You must be cruelty-free, meaning you do not use products tested on animals (pharmaceutical excluded)
- If you are not yet cruelty-free, you are willing to learn and become cruelty-free
- Your new animal is an ambassador for the cause, so you must be willing to participate in ways to educate the public about animal testing
- In most cases, when you are fostering or adopting a dog, you must have at least 1 other dog (subject to personality assessment)
As a foster, you are one of the most important steps in the rehabilitation and successful re-homing of thier animals.
Animals will stay with their fosters until they have overcome their initial shock of being out of the lab so that the foster can properly assess their personality in order to assist us in pairing them up with the perfect home.
Please fill out the foster application, and a member of our team will be in touch!
As an adopter, you will be required to have a lot of patience and understanding because these animals have had a traumatic past.
They may have severe fear issues among other things.
In our experience, These animals do best when in a home with other animals of their species to learn from.
Please note, in addition to the adoption application, phone interview and home-check mentioned above, there will be an adoption fee between $100-$400 and BFP will be checking references.
Please fill out the adoption application, and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss our adoptable animals.